Re: On-Line Help, Help

From: Robert Jones <rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/12

"Suzanne M. Eriksen" <seriksen_at_ecst.csuchico.edu> wrote:

We have just converted our Word based help into Windows help files which we call from Forms using FFI functions. We used a commercial package called RoboHelp, but createion of Windows Help does not need extra software if you are willing to do the formatting yourself.

>Hi everyone,
> I'm having trouble determining the best way to implement
>on-line help within an Oracle application. I'm in a class at
>California State University, Chico, and we have to complete this project
>by May 10th. We (the documentation team) are going to create documents in
>Word 6.0 for the user manual. Ideally, I would like to be able to cut and
>paste the Word 6.0 documents into Oracle to create the on-line help.
> I understand that the software that we have available to us,
>Oracle Book, is not very good/stable. One member of the class suggested
>creating a glossary table within the server and creating a general help
>form upon which the text in the table will appear. Another person
>suggested using a software package called "HelperWare" to facilitate the
>cut and paste idea. Do you have any comments on these ideas or any new
>ideas to offer? (Please keep in mind that the school doesn't have a
>lot of extra money, therefore, software purchasing is not usually an
>option).
> Thanks for your help!!!

>-Suzanne Eriksen-

Robert Jones email: rjj_at_dryland.demon.co.uk SagaNet - Unofficial Saga Web Site
http://www.dryland.org/sagahome.html Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message