Challenging problem for those who dare to read on...

From: Paul Passarelli <paulp_at_talkthru.com>
Date: 1997/03/11

I know what you're thinking... sounds stupid. I know but I'm repeatedly installing NT 4.0 and Oracle then blowing away partitions and repeating [Quoted] this process. When NT is installed, everything is fine. When BTrieve(cough) is installed, everything is fine. When I install Oracle, MY KEYBOARD STARTS LOCKING UP! Please help me. When I'm running Oracle 7.2.2.4.9 WGS on NT 4.0 on a Gateway 2000 my keyboard periodically ( 2-4 minutes ) LOCKS-UP! I have to pull the plug (the keyboard plug) for a second or two, then plug it back in, then reset my delay and repeat rates so it's usable. This is becoming a drag.

Oh, BTW it gets better. The lockup doesn't affect a genuine Microsoft Natural keyboard that I use on my development machine, but does affect the Gateway keyboard on the same machine. I've tried several keyboards on several machines and it's very repeatable.

To me this is mostly a nuisance, but it seems to point to something more fundamental that I can't find in the documentation anywhere.

Regards,
--Paul

Paul Passarelli         - " I would have written you a shorter
paulp_at_talkthru.com      - letter but I didn't have the time. "

(203)359-2773 x316 -
(203)359-3198 fax - -- Abraham Lincoln