On-Line Help, Help

From: Suzanne M. Eriksen <seriksen_at_ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: 1997/03/10

[Quoted] Hi everyone,

        I'm having trouble determining the best way to implement on-line help within an Oracle application. I'm in a class at California State University, Chico, and we have to complete this project by May 10th. We (the documentation team) are going to create documents in Word 6.0 for the user manual. Ideally, I would like to be able to cut and paste the Word 6.0 documents into Oracle to create the on-line help.

        I understand that the software that we have available to us, Oracle Book, is not very good/stable. One member of the class suggested creating a glossary table within the server and creating a general help form upon which the text in the table will appear. Another person suggested using a software package called "HelperWare" to facilitate the cut and paste idea. Do you have any comments on these ideas or any new ideas to offer? (Please keep in mind that the school doesn't have a lot of extra money, therefore, software purchasing is not usually an option).

        Thanks for your help!!!

-Suzanne Eriksen- Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message