oracle financials and windows help

From: D Swanson <swanson_at_tiac.net>
Date: 1997/03/10

If anyone has any experience connecting an Oracle Financial application to a windows help file please read on.

Here what I've been told:
o You cannot use context ids as in VB and PB o You can use topic strings, but you (programmer) has no control over them o The topic strings are generated by Oracle something like the screen name.window name

Assuming this is correct, I added topic strings in the help file for the screen.window that I need to connect to. The oracle application (which I can't run), says the topic isn't found. It looks to me like the format for the topic strings is wrong or the actual names I've been given of the screen and window is wrong. Or is it something else?

Any help or insight appreciated.

Thanks Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message