ORACLE FORMS 4.5, how to use SORT in SQL query inside of When-Button-Pressed Trigger

From: Jens U. Veigel <jens_at_deutschware.com>
Date: 1997/03/08

[Quoted] Hi Pro's

I have put push buttons with the colums names accross my Form, where I'm displaying a table in tabular format, in order for the user to sort by column name. I'm trying to get a simple SQL query inside of a When-Button-Pressed Trigger going. I'm getting weired errors, like you cannot do this here etc... Does this button need to be in a control block ? Right now I have it in the same canvas.

I found nothing on this subject in the helpfile, any sample PL code would be appreciated. I'm almost done with my application.

All I want to do is:

select	table.column1
	table.column2,
	table.colum3
from	table

sort by table.column2

inside a When-Button-Pressed-Trigger
on a already displayed querry/table in Forms 4.5 (basicaly resorting on demand by column#)

All your help is appreciated!!!!
Thanks

Jens
jens_at_deutschware.com Received on Sat Mar 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message