Help: Setting ODBC for Oracle

From: Shrenik Tolia (grad) <"Shrenik>
Date: 1997/03/08

Hi,

[Quoted]         I desperateely need help on this problem.I have 2 machines,one running NT server 3.51 and the other running NT workstation.Oracle7 is installed on the NT workstation.I am trying to setup odbc on the NT server to connect to the machine running oracle.

[Quoted]        I downloaded the visigenic 32bit odbc driver for oracle 7 and installed it on the client machine.In the driver setup, i gave the DSN name the username.The SQL *NET string was given in this particular formnat t:servername.
 NOTE : there was no information given regarding the path to the dirctory in which oracle was installed on the server.

      I then used a 32bit cpp sample to connect to the database.The connection string attributes were given in the followin order, DSN,SERVER,UID,PWD. It gave me a general error S1000 & pfNativeError 3121. I've been trying this since a long time but haven't found a solution for it.

      If u have even the slightest idea of what's wrong or any tips that u think would help me please reply.

   Thanks a lot

email : ashah_at_cc.memphis.edu Received on Sat Mar 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message