Re: Developer/2000 JAVA generation?

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/07

Ben Bruhl wrote:

> TruroPlace wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to develop Java applications using Developer/2000? Or
 does
> > anyone know how we can build a Developer/2000 application and use it
 both
> > in a client/server environment and across the internet? (actually, an
> > intranet).

In a few months, version 1.4 of Developer/2000 will enable you to develop a FORM that will run both in client/server mode and on the web. We are beta-testing this now and have it working for forms that were designed for character mode on Unix. There are a number of restrictions in the beta that prevent GUI-only designs from working properly. Biggest restriction for Windows-designed forms is the lack of support for the Multiple-Document-Interface (MDI) which knocked our toolbar out of play.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Fri Mar 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message