Re: Problem in starting the svrmgrl - URGENT

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/06

------------52DC7E0C2E4624

Krishnan Ranganathan wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am having problem starting the svrmgrl. The oracle version
> I am using 7.3.2.1 on solaris 2.5. The error I get is
> ORA-06401:NETCMN:Invalid driver designator
>
> A quick response from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
> My e-mail id is kaa_at_criinc.com

[Quoted] > Bye&Regards
> R.Krishnan

Do you have TWO_TASK set to anything? If it is set does it work when it is not set? Also make sure TWO_TASK is not set to "null", that is if you do an "env" does it show a line with TWO_TASK on it with nothing after it?

Try to relink the product by:

% cd $ORACLE_HOME/svrmgr/lib
% make -f ins_svrmgr.mk linstall

After it relinks try to run the product again. If you get the message again use the installer to deinstall sql*net V2 and then use the installer to reinstall it. Relinking it should work though.

------------52DC7E0C2E4624

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Krishnan Ranganathan wrote:<BR>

&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Hi folks,<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; I am having problem starting the svrmgrl. The oracle version<BR>
&gt; I am using 7.3.2.1 on solaris 2.5. The error I get is<BR>
&gt; ORA-06401:NETCMN:Invalid driver designator<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; A quick response from anyone would be greatly appreciated.<BR>
&gt; My e-mail id is kaa_at_criinc.com<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Bye&amp;Regards<BR>
&gt; R.Krishnan<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>Do you have TWO_TASK set to anything?&nbsp; If it is set does it work
when it is not set?&nbsp; Also make sure TWO_TASK is not set to &quot;null&quot;, that is if you do an &quot;env&quot; does it show a line with TWO_TASK on it with nothing after it?</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>Try to relink the product by:</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>% cd $ORACLE_HOME/svrmgr/lib</DT>

<DT>% make -f ins_svrmgr.mk linstall</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>After it relinks try to run the product again.&nbsp; If you get the
message again use the installer to deinstall sql*net V2 and then use the installer to reinstall it.&nbsp; Relinking it should work though.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>