Re: Simple Reports 2.5 question

From: Pierre BAR <s780406_at_student.ulg.ac.be>
Date: 1997/03/06

Alain Bibeau wrote:

> In a simple report, using tables DEPT and EMP for a master
> detail report. How to make the headers from EMP not printed
> when no data associated to a dept ???
>
> exemple :
>
> Dept : 10
>
> Name
> -------------
> One
> Two
>
> Dept : 20
>
> Dept : 30
>
> Name
> -------------
> Three
> Four
>
> Thank's in advanced
>
> Alain Bibeau +1 514-289-7091 | "Machines work, people should think"
> Montreal, Quebec, Canada |
> alain_at_distri.hydro.qc.ca | -- Troutman's programming laws

You can modify your query for dept
select deptno from dept where exists (select * from emp where deptno = dept.deptno).
You can also write a PL/SQL procedure to decide if the group must be printed, but I don't remember where you must write this procedure. You can find such an example in the Oracle*Report documentation. Received on Thu Mar 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message