Re: F4.5: Multirecord block and non-database fields

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/03/06

Igor Terzic wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> How can I make a multirecord block with one non-database field? I have
> for example an ID field (database) and a text field (non-database). I
> would like to fetch values into the text fields from a key table based
> on the values in the ID field. I tried with the when_new_record_instance
> trigger but it only fills the first instance of a multirecord field.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Igor.

POST-QUERY trigger fires once for each row returned and is what you need to use. When-new-record-instance fires only when the cursor is left sitting in a new record at the end of other processing, so would fire on each record only when you navigated to it.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.