Re: Possible to run Forms 3.0 on SQL*Net version 2 ????

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/05

------------5DDB181E43C115

konschud wrote:

> We are currently running older versions of Forms, Pro*C and are
>  wondering whether or not it is possible to run Forms 3.0 application
>  while running version 2 of SQL*Net.
>
> Darrell Konschuh

Yes this is supported and suggested. You need to make sure you have sql*net V2 installed and compiled into your forms executables. You can check this on most operating systems by doing a:

% $ORACLE_HOME/bin/adapters $ORACLE_HOME/bin/runform30

This should return on the sql*net V2 adapters you have compiled into your executable on an UNIX os.

------------5DDB181E43C115

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>konschud wrote:<BR>

&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; We are currently running older versions of Forms, Pro*C and are<BR>
&gt;&nbsp; wondering whether or not it is possible to run Forms 3.0 application<BR>
&gt;&nbsp; while running version 2 of SQL*Net.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Darrell Konschuh<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>Yes this is supported and suggested.&nbsp; You need to make sure you
have sql*net V2 installed and compiled into your forms executables.&nbsp; You can check this on most operating systems by doing a:</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>% $ORACLE_HOME/bin/adapters $ORACLE_HOME/bin/runform30</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>This should return on the sql*net V2 adapters you have compiled into
your executable on an UNIX&nbsp;os.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>