Oracle ProC CGI problem

From: Si Li <sli_at_rs5.tcs.tulane.edu>
Date: 1997/03/01

I just wrote a CGI program by using Oracle ProC program. The CGI program will connect to the Oracle database(the usrid/passwd is hard coded in), get some data and print them out to the web browser. The CGI program runs perfect when running alone on webserver's cgi-bin directory. It does connect to the database and print out the result along with html tags.

The problem happenes when the CGI program is called from a web browser (netscape in this case). It just cannot connect to the Oracle database. The program stops right at the place where it tries to connect. The returned message says:

ORA-02700: Unable to open message file (SQL-02113). in "..." on line 0

     of .

The message is about "error creating archive log". I checked the Oracle server setting, the arvhive log option is turned off.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Mike Russo

CDSI
Computer Data Systems, Inc. Received on Sat Mar 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message