Re: Oracle and e-mail

From: Martyn Cavett <cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/01

Ken -

At my work place we have existing systems that work in a VAX / VMS environment taking output produced from an ORACLE database - a list file - that can then be automatically mailed (internally) via CC:Mail.

The method used is to have a controlling command file that handles the output process. In our case it is written in DCL, but the same functionality could be written in any OS. An exception report could be produced off the end of this processing.

Does this help? I can't really help further without more information. If you do require further help, please email me.

Good luck anyway!

Martyn Cavett
cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk

Ken Harris <kcharris_at_flash.net> wrote in article <01bc23ff$8bded340$6cc2b5cf_at_lisinc.flash.net>...