(wrong string) £ (that's GB Pounds) with Oracle Web Server?

From: <blackwoodj_at_logica.com>
Date: 1997/02/28

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:29:42 +0000, Jeff Rajeck <jeffr_at_infocomint.com> wrote:

>We're doing a web site in the UK and can't output the squiggly
>l thing which represents Pounds Stirling (£) - they come out as
>question marks.
>
>Is this right? Is there any way around it? Is this a
>terrible oversight on Oracle's part?
>
>Thanx for replies!
>
>jeff
>--
>Jeff Rajeck | jeffr_at_infocomint.com
>eMisis InfoCom | +44 (171) 320 5546
>77 St John Street | +44 (468) 416 485 mobile
>London EC1M 4AN | +44 (468) 419 029 mobile fax

Hi!

You might want to have a look at the language/character set setting on your listener configuration.

You want to set them as follows

Character Set 	:	iso-8859-1
Language	:	en

Other than that, I can't help you without more information.

Regards

James Blackwood
Consultant
Logica UK Limited

e-mail	blackwoodj_at_logica.com
tel	00 +44 (0)1224 843847
fax	00 +44 (0)1224 632089

The opinions expressed within this document are those of James Blackwood and are not associated in any way with his employer Logica UK Limited or any associated company.

James Blackwood
Consultant
Logica UK Limited

e-mail	blackwoodj_at_logica.com
tel	00 +44 (0)1224 843847
fax	00 +44 (0)1224 632089

The opinions expressed within this document are those of James Blackwood and are not associated in any way with his employer Logica UK Limited or any associated company. Received on Fri Feb 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message