Experiences with upgrading Forms3 to Forms4.5 via Designer2000?

From: Susan Dahl <susan.dahl-1_at_kmail.ksc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1997/02/27

[Quoted] I am consider this as one of the most automated approaches to getting my character based forms GUI. The plan is to use the Oracle provided forms conversion utility to get to version 4.5, then importing the whole application into the Des2K repository. I would like to then define the GUI template/style guide to Des2K and have it generate the forms to get them into a true GUI presentation, without having to touch each converted form to do so. I have been told by Oracle that the Release 1.3 of Des2K does not handle the PL/SQL in Forms Triggers so I will need to wait a few months to do this in Release 2.0 of Des2K, which will actually generate version 5 forms.

Anyone have any comments on the reliability, completeness, functionality of the resulting application?

Thanks for any insights!
Susan Dahl Received on Thu Feb 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message