Re: Developer/2000 JAVA generation?

From: Ben Bruhl <bkb3806_at_ok.boeing.com>
Date: 1997/02/27

TruroPlace wrote:

> Is it possible to develop Java applications using Developer/2000? Or does
> anyone know how we can build a Developer/2000 application and use it both
> in a client/server environment and across the internet? (actually, an
> intranet).
>
> I'm assuming that if the application written for a client/server
> environment could just be translated into a Java application that this
> would be the best method. Does anyone have any tips for us?

I just attended an Oracle conference where they demonstrated the new Designer/2000 generating pure Java code. They said the product is due out in the next few months. I am not sure how much of the business rules have been removed from the interface. My guess is that you will still have a "fat client" written in Java until the NCA archetecture is implemented.

Hope this helps.

* BenJAMIN Bruhl             | Analysts      *
* Software Engineer &        | International *
* Consultant | International | Corporation   *
* bruhlb_at_seanet.com          |               *
- "My opinions are my own and not my companies."