oracle DBA wanted at hot bay area start-up

From: Lisa Carrieri <Lisann_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/02/27

Business Systems Database Developer / Administrator PlanetU, a bay area internet start-up is looking for creative, driven people to be a part of a truly cool company. We want to have fun, make money, and change the world!

We are seeking a unique individual: a database expert to design, develop, deploy and maintain a collection of industrial-strength Oracle databases. This position will work closely with our developers who are building a sophisticated commercial Web site using the most advanced Web development tools available. The ideal candidate will have 5+ hands on years experience with SQL databases (preferably Oracle) and a strong motivation to learn about programming for the Web. Must be comfortable and confident within the natural chaos, stress and uncertainty of a startup organization.

Experience:
"Owner" of high-volume transaction, Oracle-hosted Business Information System (5 yr. +)
· Hands-on development · Project management · Database administration

Demonstrated fluency with all phases of the Business Information development process
· Detailed information system specs - Writing (crisp, concise) , Evaluating (instinct for finding deficiencies and omissions) · Development - managing all the key ingredients for great deliverables: Requirements, User Expectations, Resource, Schedules and Deadlines
· Testing & Deployment - Quality (auditability), security, performance

Solid experience with Rapid Application Development

· Business results the primary driver
· Risk management an ongoing discipline
· Managing a short-cycle multiple-release strategy

Personal Attributes and skills:
· Great communication skills and natural leadership abilities · Entrepreneurial - desire for personal accountability for results actually achieved
· High energy - expects to burn significant calories for a long run · Self motivated and self managing

Immediate opportunity with VERY cool SF-based company, great work environment, stock options. Email jobs_at_planetu.com or fax 415 362 3377 Received on Thu Feb 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message