Re: Open file from PL/SQL

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/02/26

Starting with version 7.3 of the server, you can use UTL_FILE (the server side implementation of the forms TEXT_IO package).

Prior to 7.3 you will need to use dbms_pipes to read a file. You would write a C program to read the file and use dbms_pipes to talk to the C program. To ease this process, you can look at PLEX found on http://govt.us.oracle.com under downloadable utilities.

On 25 Feb 1997 10:18:37 GMT, "ARRASATE SISTEMAS" <arrasis_at_arrakis.es> wrote:

> Hi Oraclers:
>
> I need to open an ASCI file from a stored procedure and I donĀ“t know how.
>I know how I can make in Forms, through the Package TEXT_IO and its
>functions FOPEN, PUT_LINE ...
>
> The file would content something like the following:
>
> Hello Oracle-world<EOL>
> Bye<EOL>
> <EOF>
>
> Can anybody help me ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Clemen.

> Arrasate Sistemas S.L.
> Mondragon (Gipuzkoa)
> Spain
>
> arrasis_at_arrakis.es

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

  • Check out Oracle Governments web site! ----- Follow the link to "Tech Center" and then downloadable Utilities for some free software...

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Feb 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message