Re: Forms 4.5 and scrollbars

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/02/26

squigley_at_sctcorp.com wrote:

> Does any one know of a way to identify when the scroll bar on a stacked
> canvas has been pressed. Which triggers does it fire. Certainly not
> the next_record, previous_record, up, down, scroll_up, scroll_down or
> next_set commands. I'm trying to identify when the user uses the
> scrollbar versus direct navigation with the above mentioned functions.

It is not possible in FORMS 4.5 to detect when the scrollbar has been pressed. There are occasions where this can be a real pain!

It would be possible to set indicators in key-triggers, then check for these in WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE, but this would still not detect whether the user had used the mouse to click in the new record or had used it on the scrollbar.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.