Invalid Column Name

From: <anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in>
Date: 1997/02/25

Hi!!

I have some PowerBuilder Applications with Oracle Workgroup 7.1 on NT4 as the backend. Quite often, the Applications give me an error 'ORA-xxxxx Invalid Column Name'. The same applications run without any errors at a second/third attempt.

The statements are on multiple lines. Monitor SQL Area, which shows only the first line of each statement, shows a number of statements like

     SELECT "ACMAS whereas the actual statement should have been

     SELECT "ACMAST"."ACNAME" It seems that a part of the statement is being truncated in some way. What can cause this? The Server or the Client?

Since the monitor shows only the first line, from which table can I get the entire statement?

I had faced a similar problem at another installation with a Pro*Cobol program. Never did find out what caused the problem, but was able to solve by a complete re-install (server and pro*cob). Should I try something similar here?

Any suggestions?

Anup.

Anup Jalan
Anup Computers                                  Tel   : 91-22-364 7992
33, Shankar Sagar                               Fax   : 91-22-363 6176
Sophia College Road
Bombay 400 026                   email : anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
INDIA