Inserting BLOBs into Oracle via VB 3.0 and ODBC

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

All,

[Quoted] Some of our developers are trying to insert BLOBs into an Oracle LONG RAW field and are having problems. They are using Visual Basic 3.0 and ODBC. [Quoted] On recommendation from Oracle Corporation, they are "chunking" the binary file into the Oracle LONG RAW field by splitting it up into "chunks" of 1K-4K and inserting it in pieces. Everything works fine with files ~<=32K, [Quoted] but when they cross the 32K barrier, the files end up corrupted upon extract back out of the database. Oracle Corporation had said that there were problems with files >64K, but we seem to have hit the problems with files 1/2 that size.

Has anyone successfully insert or retrieved large BLOB data to/from Oracle [Quoted] using VB 3.0 and ODBC? Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Please respond both to this newsgroup and via private e-mail.

Regards,
Brian

--
Brian M. Biggs				mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.			voice: (513) 677-7661