Re: Developer/2000 1.3 and OCX

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/02/23

Franco Rizzo wrote:

> I want to use the ocx control MSCOMM in a form but I have same problems, I
> can't read the reponse from the serial interface (for example if I send
> AT<CR> to a modem, I don't receive the OK).
>
> Can someone help me (if possible with a sample code)?
>
> Thanks.

OCX support in Dev/2000 1.3 32-bit Forms is severely limited -- in such a way that it's actually unusable. Your problem is that events aren't supported...

Cheers,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"