Re: Show the contents of a file in Forms 4.5

From: Mike Proctor <mp_at_mg-tc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/23

I know this a bit after the fact, so you probably have the answer, but as I didn't see any response...

Use the TEXT_IO package in forms, it's pretty basic, but it does get you there with some practice.

What you've read, you can then insert into a non DB field/item and view it with the text editor.

Mike

In article <5dc8k5$60_002_at_geu.siemens.at>, Johann Aschenbrenner <johann.aschenbrenner_at_siemens.at> writes
>In article <5d70vv$32_at_zwei.siemens.at>,
> johann.aschenbrenner_at_siemens.at (Johann Aschenbrenner) wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I want to show the contents of alog file in Forms 4.5
>****
>Sorry for my lazy writing!
>By >>alog file<< I mean a text file where I put logging information about
>certain activities and error information
>****
>>My first idea was, to use an Oracle Editor, but theese seems to dislay only
>>DB-fields. (Or are I am wrong?)
>>
>>The editor of the underlying system would be an alternative, but I would
 have
>>to distinguish between the different Windows.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>Thanks for help
>>Hans

>* All you can see here is ,my very personal opinion.
>Hans Aschenbrenner * Phone +43 1 71 600 320
>Software engeneering department * Fax +43 1 71 600 323
>Programm und Systementwicklung * johann.aschenbrenner_at_siemens.at
>Siemens AG Oesterreich * "No Kangaroos, no koalas
>Geusaugasse 17 * only dealing with Lippizaner,
>A-1030 Vienna Austria * Mozart,Freud and Saengerknaben."

Mike Proctor                    Database Consultants International (UK)

Mike_Proctor_at_realworld.com      Oracle vision.
                                Only Oracle.
                                All the time.