Re: Oracle Forms Navigation Problem

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/02/21

In article <330C5427.260E_at_biometrie.uni-koeln.de>, Thomas Nowak <tom_at_biometrie.uni-koeln.de> wrote: <snip>
>The user is supposed to enter a specific piece of data into the item.
>The entry will be validated by a trigger!
>
>Now - when the entered information is NOT valid, the error message box
>pops up AND the cursor should stay in the respective field.
>We use the Auto-Skip function and can not force this to happen.

If you are using a When-Validate-Item trigger, after you issue the error message, you should Raise Form_Trigger_Failure. This prevents the cursor from moving away from the invalid item regardless of auto-skipping.

Steve Cosner

Try out my dynamic data utility form.
Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Fri Feb 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message