Oracle Forms Navigation Problem

From: Thomas Nowak <tom_at_biometrie.uni-koeln.de>
Date: 1997/02/20

Hi group,

we are trying to accomplish the following:

There is an item A.
[Quoted] The user is supposed to enter a specific piece of data into the item. The entry will be validated by a trigger!

Now - when the entered information is NOT valid, the error message box pops up AND the cursor should stay in the respective field. We use the Auto-Skip function and can not force this to happen.

The use of Go_item in different triggers leads to error code FRM 40737 - Illegal restricted procedure.

Is there a list that tells me, which piece I can use in triggers? Is there a slick solution to the probelm??

Help is appreciated by mail or to the group.

tom_at_biometrie.uni-koeln.de

tia
thomas

neue Adresse ab 1. März/new adress valid from 1st of march: Remigiusstr. 28 / 50937 Köln / tel. 0221-44 88 37