Developer/2000 versus Delphi

From: Shael Richmond <ksrich_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 1997/02/19

[Quoted] [Quoted] We currently have a home grown application running on VAX's using DECForms and the CODASYL DBMS. We are moving our historical data to an Oracle Database and generally venturing into the client/server arena. We have a small part of the huge application in Delphi accessing the Oracle database.

We are considering move to Developer/2000 and/or Designer/2000. My question is how good are these products and how is the learning curve from traditional 3gl's? The sales hype looks impressive but is it? Are the products flexible enough for real production applications? The big advantage we see is Developer can generate the application for both character and PC devices. This makes it attractive in the near term with all those VT's still out there but gives us the ability to give management their GUI devices.

Thanks,

Shael Received on Wed Feb 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message