Re: Error (ORA-03121) in ODBC connection

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_netcom.ca>
Date: 1997/02/18

In article <5e9bie$a4j_at_ustsu10.ust.hk>, cswstang_at_cs.ust.hk (Tang Wai Shing Wilson) wrote:
>Hi Oracle Guru,
>
>I want to have a VB application over Win95 connect to the
>Oracle on Solaris. I have InterSolv (from InterSolv CD)
>and SQLNet V2 (from D2000 1.2.1) installed and I can
>connect to my server thru SQLPlus without any problem.
>When I use the VB application, it has the error, ORA-03121.
>With ref. to the server message manual, it refers to
>"no interface driver connected - function not preformed".
>Any idea? Do I need to start anything before running
>the VB application? Or I missed some DLLs? I check
>the online help and it seems it requires OCIW32.DLL where
>I can't find over the D2000 CDs. Does this matter?
>
>If you have any information, pls. mail me. Thanks.

Since you can connect using SQLPlus, the most likely cause is that the SQLNet DLLs can not be found because the directory ( C:\ORAWIN\BIN if you accepted the default during installation) is not in the path. Add it to the path in your autoexec.bat. If you use SQLPlus, the DLLs are found because they reside in the same directory as the SQLPlus executable. Received on Tue Feb 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message