Re: Challenging SQL*Plus Reporting Question

From: Brian Membrey <horsemth_at_mel.switch.net.au>
Date: 1997/02/16

The formatting can be achieved quite easily by including a BREAK statement in the SQL to remove duplicate titles and give the space line ...

BREAK ON PUB_TITLE NODUP SKIP 1 I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve because the data model does not link COMPANY to AUTHOR and any attempt to select will cause extra rows thus

PUB_TITLE                          PUB_COMPANY_NAME       PUB_AUTHOR_NAME
--------------------                        --------------------
           --------------------
AARDVARK ANNUAL           AARDVARK ASSOCIATES   ALBERT ANTEATER JNR.
                                           AARDVARK ASSOCIATES   PATTI
PORCUPINE
                                           FREE NATURE PRESS        ALBERT
ANTEATER JNR.
                                           FREE NATURE PRESS        PATTI
PORCUPINE
KANGAROO QUARTERLY   OUTBACK PRESS               DEMI DINGO
                                          OUTBACK PRESS               WALLY
WOMBAT
                                          WALLABY PUBLICATIONS  DEMI DINGO
                                         WALLABY PUBLICATIONS   WALLY
WOMBAT Surely there should be a relationship between the two ... after all ORACLE is a RELATIONAL Date Base

busch1_at_llnl.gov wrote in article <5du3dn$203_at_lll-winken.llnl.gov>...
> I have three tables:
>
> Publication: Company: Author:
> pub_id_no varchar2(7) pub_id_no varchar2(7) pub_id_no
 varchar2(7)

 1
 1
 1