Re: Pro*C problem

From: Ganapathy Ramesh <gvramesh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/02/16

hl_at_fiol.brock.dk wrote:

> We have a problem in getting Pro*C for windows to work.(V 2.0.4.2.0 )
>
>The problem is as follows:
>
>Last year we moved our database platform from an UNIX based Ingres to
>a client/server Oracle, where the Oracle database is running on a DEC Alpha
>with DEC UNIX and the client applications are running on networked windows 3.1
>PC's. The oracle PC software itself is placed on a Novell Server.
>
>We have been running PL/SQL and Powerobject without any significant problems.
>Now we are also going to run Pro*C in combination with Borland C++ 4.5.
>
>I've installed Pro*C in the same location ( Oracle_Home ) as our other
>Oracle products, and the installation went smoothly.
>
>Now when I try to precompile one of the samples ( winsam.pc ) I receive the
>following error: Unable to open list file
>
>The error messages states that I'll have to look at the permissions on
>the output directory. As I'm running the test as a Novell Supervisor that
>can't be the problem. I've tried to move the example files to the local harddisk and the problem is the same.
>
>My question is now. It there anybody out there amongst you expert that have
>the slightest clue about what to do. My local oracle support can't find a
>solution.
>
>I'm rather desperate, since I'll have about 100 students banging on the door.
>
>Henning Lang
>Sys.Adm.
>Niels Brock - Datamatik
>Copenhagen
>
>hl_at_fiol.brock.dk

Hello!
You have not mentioned the version of Pro*C you are using. Is this Version 2.0 which requires WIN32S in your SYSTEM.INI ? If this is the case, I have noticed that you will have to keep the source .PC file in the same directory in which the PRO*C executable resides!! And make sure that you start the Pre-Compiler in the same directory! You then copy the generated .C file and complie/link with Borland C to your appropriate development directory. It is odd, but I am sure there is a better solutions, but I have had a similar problem and solved it this way.

Ramesh Received on Sun Feb 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message