Array Processing in PL/SQL

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1997/02/15

I have a table that contans 20+ million rows. I need to perform an edit check on two columns, to verify data integrity. I can't do it at load time because of data latency in loading the lookup table. At the time of usage, I want to perform this check. I wrote a stored procedure, but it takes hours to complete. Using the trace facility I determined that the SP is doing one fetch per row. Is there a way to use array processing within the SP, or do I need to search for an alterntive? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ed Jennings
Oracle DBA
EPS, Inc.

--