Cursor Not Populating Table

From: David E. Daniel <david.daniel_at_wmich.edu>
Date: 1997/02/14

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to create a new table by the following commandS:

drop table temptab3;

create table temptab3
  (test_sys varchar2(2), test_comp varchar2(2));

DECLARE
  sys_test temptab3.test_sys%TYPE;
  com_test temptab3.test_comp%TYPE;

  cursor c1 is
   select system,component from temptab2    order by system,component;

BEGIN
   open c1;

   loop

      fetch c1 into sys_test, com_test;
      exit when c1%notfound;

   end loop;
END;
/

When performing a 'select * from temptab3;' , I get no rows selected. 'temptab2' does have system and component, both of varcar2(2). When I perform the cursor against sqlplus, I get the two columns from temptab2.
What might I be doing incorrectly?

One clue may be when this script is run, the following is displayed:

Table dropped.

Table created.

Input truncated to 1 characters.

Any help or advice appreciated.