Re: Code/Component Reuse in Developer 2000

From: Joseph Strano <stranoj.dulcian_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/02/14

Kee Chee Keong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is code / component re-use well-supported in Oracle Developer 2000? Any
> advice on
> guidelines for a team-wide sharing environment is most welcome.
>
> thanks
>
> CK Kee
> ckkee_at_singnet.com.sg

With Developer 2000, our company has built a number of templates that are very easy to use
and shorten the development time of a system from months to weeks. Templates that we have built are:

  • General template - a toolbar and main menu, which has basic functions like saving, deleting, and creating records built in.
  • Main Menu template - All the developer needs to do is edit the code behind the button. Navigation to the new form and back to the main menu are handled automatically.
  • Flexible Reporting Front End - This front end will control the reporting functions for an application. The user can call any report, sending it sort, break, and filter information. The first time we built a front end of this nature, it took us a month to write it. With the template, it takes a day.

Not only do templates save time, but they enforce GUI standards, and give all of your application the same look and feel.

Joe Strano
Dulcian Inc. Received on Fri Feb 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message