Help: Oracle WebServer vs Multiselect listboxes

From: Damien Jones <damien_at_seanet.com>
Date: 1997/02/13

[Quoted] [I'm not even sure this is the right newsgroup to be posting in. Is there one specifically for Oracle Web Server questions? Iif so, my work doesn't subscribe to it]

Here's my problem:

I'm doing a relatively simple Oracle WebServer page with a multi-select listbox. On Submit, my procedure has to interpret the input the listbox provides. In other cases, I can simply set up my routine with as many variables (named the same) as fields on my page. Unfortunately, an HTML <SELECT MULTIPLE Name="vMultiple"> statement returns values like this:

ProcedureName?vMultiple=Selection1&vMultiple=Selection2&vMultiple=Selection3

The good news is that I don't just get a blanket "Request Failed" page when submitting multiple entries - it simply ignores all selections after the first...

The bad news (obviously) is that I do need it to capture all of the chosen items. If I could somehow get them all into one delimited variable, I could easily loop and parse out the entries within my procedure.

Any ideas? Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message