Re: Are there any JDBC drivers for Oracle? (either from Oracle or 3rd party)

From: Jakob Hamacher <d93-jha_at_nada.kth.se>
Date: 1997/02/13

"Gina M. Oliver" <Gina-Oliver_at_worldnet.att.net> writes:

>Are there any JDBC drivers out there for Oracle (either from Oracle
>Corp. or any other 3rd party vendor)? If so, where can I get some info
>on? otherwise any idea when it is gonna be available?

Yes. I know of at least three implementations available for use today:

  • WebLogic. Weblogics JDBC drivers were licensed by Oracle and can therefore be considered good. You can download a trial license from them at their website: www.weblogic.com
  • dbAnyware. 3-tier JDBC solution. For Win32. www.symantec.com
  • Intersolv. Free native JDBC drivers. Very nice. www.intersolv.com

Good Luck!
  Jacob Hamacher

--
Jacob Hamacher, Student of Computer Science.
Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.