Report Output (V2.0) to Word Document

From: Howard Tenenbaum <howardt_at_violin.com>
Date: 1997/02/13

I seek advise to have oracle report output be stored as an ascii file so I can import the text into an MS-Word document.

The printer driver is "Generic/Text Only"

Character-mode setting check box is on for "Use Character Units in Designer"

 DESTYPE is set to "File"

and DESNAME is on my local C: drive.

I have variable length fields and expanding repeating frames on the report (does this wreak the opportunity to store the output as usable on disk?)

The output file generated looks much different from the previewer or the oracle printed output. Wrapping occurs in the wrong places, some characters are not displayed, others characters are replaced with asterisks ("***") etc. making it useless to import into WORD (or any other editor).

Advise appreciated. Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message