Re: Win95 and Win 3.11 System Resources

From: Mike Rife <rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu>
Date: 1997/02/13

Since I have found the answer to my posting, I will share it with all who are interested. Oracle Support faxed me a whitepaper titled "Boosting Development Productivity with Foreign Function Calls". It explains the ORA_FFI package. It allows the developer to invoke Windows systems calls, one of which is GetFreeSystemResources, from within Oracle Froms. It will allows the use of many Windows functionality like the file dialog box or calling Windows Help within Oracle Forms.

I am currently working on adding the GetFreeSystemResources call into my application.

In article <5dqpnj$1vh_at_news.usf.edu>, rife_at_moffitt.usf.edu says...