Re: Obtaining user name and password in forms 3.0

From: Dave Macpherson <dave_at_fifthd.ca>
Date: 1997/02/13

On 4 Feb 1997 14:32:16 GMT, Steve Elster <elsters_at_tcd.ie> wrote:

>Is there any way to access the current Oracle user name and password
>from within a form? I want to call a report from a forms procedure
>and pass the current username and password to the report so that
>it will use the correct database. None of the system variables seem
>to contain this information. However, when a form calls another
>form, the called form seems to know which database to connect to, so
>this information must be available internally.
>
>Any suggestions gratefully recieved.
>
>Stephen Elster.

Since we've integrated Menu 5.x with our Forms 3.x apps, getting the users username and password is easy. SQL*Menu stores this information in a couple of variables called :UN and :PW respectively. Just assign these to a couple of global variables (of the type :GLOBAL.etc) and then you will have them available to you within your Forms 3.x apps. You have to do this assignment within a SQL*Menu 5.x procedure, prior to calling any forms from within menu.

Hope this helps.

Dave Macpherson Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message