Pro*C problem

From: <hl_at_fiol.brock.dk>
Date: 1997/02/13

[Quoted] [Quoted]   We have a problem in getting Pro*C for windows to work.(V 2.0.4.2.0 )

The problem is as follows:

Last year we moved our database platform from an UNIX based Ingres to a client/server Oracle, where the Oracle database is running on a DEC Alpha with DEC UNIX and the client applications are running on networked windows 3.1 PC's. The oracle PC software itself is placed on a Novell Server.

We have been running PL/SQL and Powerobject without any significant problems. Now we are also going to run Pro*C in combination with Borland C++ 4.5.

I've installed Pro*C in the same location ( Oracle_Home ) as our other Oracle products, and the installation went smoothly.

Now when I try to precompile one of the samples ( winsam.pc ) I receive the following error: Unable to open list file

The error messages states that I'll have to look at the permissions on the output directory. As I'm running the test as a Novell Supervisor that can't be the problem. I've tried to move the example files to the local harddisk and the problem is the same.

My question is now. It there anybody out there amongst you expert that have the slightest clue about what to do. My local oracle support can't find a solution.

I'm rather desperate, since I'll have about 100 students banging on the door.

Henning Lang
Sys.Adm.
Niels Brock - Datamatik
Copenhagen

hl_at_fiol.brock.dk Received on Thu Feb 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message