Displaying Selection

From: Neil Johnson <Neil_Johnson-CNJ002_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 1997/02/12

[Quoted] Here's a question:

[Quoted] I have form where the user looks up info by serial numbers.

Unfortunately, there can be duplicate serial numbers, so I have a primary key consisting of the serial number and the ship date of the item.

When the user enters just a serial number, I want to check and see if there is more than one serial number. If there is, I want to display a list of serial numbers and ship dates (from one table) and the some customer information (from another table) so that user can pick the specific serial number record they want to look at.

I tried setting up a separate block and use the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM procedure, but you can't navigate to a another block in a WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM Trigger.

What can I do ?

--
Neil Johnson - Motorola - Neil_Johnson-CNJ002_at_email.mot.com