Re: ODBC Driver for DOS

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

Maria -

[Quoted] ODBC was written for Windoze exclusively, unfortunately. If you are trying to communicate with an Oracle database, there exists SQL*Net drivers for DOS. Regards,
jh

"Lee, M" <LeeMa_at_aecl.ca> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I am looking for an ODBC Driver for DOS.
>I am not sure whether there is any ODBC Driver for DOS or not, but I heard
>it might.
>If anyone has any information about this, I will appreciate a lot.
>
>The reason I need an ODBC Driver for DOS is that my DOS program needs to
>interact with a database that runs on windows. I also heard that ODBC is an
>way to do it if any exist for DOS.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>Maria Lee.

Jared Hecker, CODBA       | Oracle  and Sybase Architect and DBA
jared_at_planet.net          | - consulting in the
76276.740_at_compuserve.com | NYC/NJ region - available now! Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message