Re: Forms45 conversion - unable to resolve ref between program units

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/02/11

In article <32FCA12B.6D54_at_pms791.pd9.ford.com>, Venkat Aekka <vaekka_at_pms791.pd9.ford.com> wrote:
>We are upgrading from Forms30 to Forms4.5.7 and in one of our form, we
>are hitting FRM-40105 error (unable to resolve ref to item). This is a
>fairly large program ( 50 program units, 17 blocks 24 pages ). The
>object navigator does not update the program units / referencedby
>objects, though the program unit is being called from other local
>program unit in the same form and doing "compile all". The runtime
>version obviously generating FRM error. Does anybody have a similar
>issue ?

It's been a while, but I have seen this. All references to items in Forms 4.5 should include the block, as in :block.item I'm not sure if your problem is caused by a go_item or by a reference to the item as in :block.item := 'value'; But either way, referencing the item without the block in front of it can be the cause.

Look through all 17 blocks to see first if you have two blocks with an item named the same in each. It is references to these that may cause the problem.

If you can't find the problem that way, then run the form with debug messages turned on (Not in the debugger). To do this, you have to set up a runform icon with debug_messages=yes in the command line. This should allow you to identify the trigger where the problem is occurring.

Good luck
Steve Cosner Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message