SQL Loader and Multiple Tables

From: TJAY <TJAY_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 1997/02/10

I know you can load different tables with the same data using SQL loader, but can you load data from a single free form file into different tables without the all the data loading in all the tables?

 For example, I have tables A, B and C.

 My file is formatted as follows:
"Record 1"
"Record 2"
"Record 3"
"*Record 4"

 I want record 1 in table "A", record 2 in table "B", record 3 in table "C". Records with a * at position 1 will go in table 1.

 I can't seem to make this happen without getting ALL the data in EVERY table.

 Any suggestions? Or am I missing something obvious?

 Thanks,
 Chris Received on Mon Feb 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message