Re: Working dir w/ HOST cmd

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/02/10

jfk_at_sigsys.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using a HOST command to run a windows based application from
> a forms 4.5 application. I was wondering if there's a way to set a
> working directory for the program I am calling. I tried setting my
> DOS PATH to scan the needed dir, but I think it wants a working dir
> on the command line.
>
> Joe K

You can set the FORMS45_PATH variable in your Oracle.ini file (on Windows 3.x) or in the registry (Windows 95 or NT). The code will always look in the Working directory as specified in the Program Manager/Start menu icon first, but will then search the directory list specified in the above variable.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.