Re: Creating Oracle tables with Paradox

From: Kári Poulsen <kapo_at_olivant.fo>
Date: 1997/02/07

Oracle normally uses all uppercase with object names (tables,columns,views,etc) However, it is possible to use lower/uppercase if you enclose references in double-quotes. Depending on circumstance (Don't know Paradox), especially when using ODBC, the tool may or may not tell you how it addresses this. In most cases it is possible to preview the actual SQL statements that are sent to the database. If your tool uses double-quotes in DDL (i.e. when creating objects), you usually have to use double-quotes in all references later, as in: SELECT "QwErTy" from "tABLE";

In fact when you use double-quotes you can use any characters you want, including international..

There's also another issue: when creating objects, all objects will be owned by a domain, which is either default (current user owns it) or prefixed to another owner.

In order for anybody else to access these objects, they have to be granted rights to do so (and usually have to have synonyms defined) Failure to do so will also result in the same error..

regards
 Kári Poulsen

Richard Hansen <hansenrd_at_cadvision.com> wrote in article <32fa7bed.1008538_at_news.cadvision.com>...