Sending mail to Microsoft Exchange from a trigger or stored procedure

From: Johnny Baker <jb35541_at_us0n05.glaxo.com>
Date: 1997/02/07

We have a requirement to send mail to Microsoft Exchange from a trigger or stored procedure. What is the easiest and most reliable method to accomplish this?

I have reviewed package DBMS_MAIL and it appears to only work with Oracle mail.

Is there an Oracle supplied package to write or execute commands on the RDBMS host? If so, I could use the package to execute UNIX mail and send the mail to Exchange.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Johnny Baker Received on Fri Feb 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message