Re: Functions becoming invalid

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 1997/02/06

[Quoted] Normally stored procedures and functions become invalid only when they are dependent on another object that has been recompiled - this was one of the reasons for the introduction of packages, btw.

[Quoted] If your system is stable and this is happening I would call Oracle support, you may have a corruption in your data dictionary.

Regards,
jh

[Quoted] "Glenn Stauffer" <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu> wrote:

>I administer a system which makes heavy use of stored functions and one in
>particular is required for several key reporting views. For some reason,
>this function becomes invalid periodically and almost always after the
>database is shutdown for backup and restarted. Can someone advise me as to
>why database objects and particularly functions become invalid and what
>might cause a function to attain this state fairly frequently?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Glenn Stauffer

[Quoted] Jared Hecker, CODBA       | Oracle  and Sybase Architect and DBA
jared_at_planet.net          | - consulting in the
76276.740_at_compuserve.com | NYC/NJ region Received on Thu Feb 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message