Re: Q:help with Forms 4.5 defaults in Windows

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/02/06

Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net> wrote:
> >I can't find documentation anywhere, but how do I set the following
> >defaults in Forms 4.5 in Dev 2000 1.2:

 <snip>
> >3. When I do use 'open', why is the dafault *.* for filenames? I only want
> > .fmb files to show. I have over 1000 files in my directory. I don't want
> > to have to make an extra click to show only the 'fmb files?

<snip>

The previous post from Steve Costner answered the other points. For this one, you should go to the Tool ... Options menu in Designer, which will bring up a dialog including a set of radio buttons and checkboxes for Module Access. The initial default setting for the checkboxes is 'All', which means all files are displayed. If you set any/all of the Forms/Libraries/Menus checkboxes then FMB/PLL/MMB files respectively are shown (note that setting 'All' is NOT the same as setting all the other three, as this displays all file types including those which cannot be valid to load into disigner). The radio button above will determine whether the 'Open module from file system/Database?' dialog will be shown.

These settings are retained when you close Designer.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.