Pro*C 2.2 too slow !

From: Christian A. Bittner <bittner_at_prodv.de>
Date: 1997/02/05

[Quoted] Hello Folks!

[Quoted] I'm developing Pro*C 2.2 based applications within an UNIX/ORACLE 7.3-environment (SINIX Risc Machine).
Unfortunately the Pro*C - precompiler is terrible slow when setting the "sqlcheck=full"-feature. In this case the precompiler connects to the database - and that leads to poor performance (~5min for an average complex precompiling). And time is money... One possible solution leads to the use of a simple syntactical check ("sqlcheck=syntax").
But that does only work for normal Embedded SQL- and NOT for Embedded PL/SQL-Statements.
So what can I do ? Is there a trick to improve performance ?

Christian A. Bittner Received on Wed Feb 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message