Re: Starting a shell script from a PL/SQL

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1997/02/05

On 4 Feb 1997 13:54:28 GMT, wfrye_at_mnsinc.com (William Frye) wrote:

>Daniel Pinyol (dpinol_at_cesca.es) wrote:
>: Sorry, somebody had already posted my question.
>

>: > does anyone know how to do something as simple as starting a shell
>: > script from a PL/SQL procedure?
>The host command should do the trick, i.e. HOST command-name

Sorry, but there is no HOST command in PL/SQL. The only possibility I know to run a executable from the pl/sql Procedure/Function is to use DBMS pipes. Look at the web site of ORACLE Government Consulting http://govt.us.oracle.com . They have written a package named PLEX which do exactly that what you want.

jacek Received on Wed Feb 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message