Re: Q: Forms 4.5 and sequence.nextval problem

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/02/04

create synonym sequence_name for user_schema.sequence_name ; Login as user and
grant select on sequence_name to form_user_id; or use a role instead of form_user_id.

Gary Assa (gsa_at_li.net) wrote:
: We have a forms 4.5 form and want to use a sequence for an incremental
: number. The problem we are having is that the sequence is in another
: users schema. If we try to compile the trigger, it fails with internal
: error. We create a dummy sequence in our schema and it works fine (which
: answers the question whether sequences as a general rule cause a problem).
: In SQL*Plus we can increment the sequence for the other user, but not in
: forms. What is a workaround???
: --
: http://www.li.net/~gsa/index.html
: This is my signature file, not part of this mail message.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you